Because I Have Been Given Much


Here is my blog post for ldslights.org. I sat down to type one thing but as I typed this is what I ended up with instead. It is a bit of a tribute to a friend whose funeral we attended yesterday.

Written January 11th, 2015 by Wrylon

The above picture is a picture of our family’s feet, from years ago.
Today we attended the funeral of a friend. When things like this happen it makes us look at our own lives. How am I living? What influence am I showing? The woman today left an influence all around the country and especially among her family, friends and acquaintances. As she was sick over the last few months, friends went to be with her and comfort her, but it ended up the other way around. Those that visited her left feeling comforted. What good I am doing in the world? The words to the song “Because I Have Been Given Much” by Grace Noll Crowell come to mind, the beginning and the 3rd verse.
Because I have been given much I too must give. ….
Because I have been blessed by thy great love dear Lord
I’ll share thy love again According to thy word
I shall give love to those in need
I’ll show that love by word and deed
Thus shall my thanks be thanks in deed
That was our friend. I hope that I can be more like her and I hope that I also am teaching my children to be more like her.
As I think of the good that I have done in this world, I think of services I have rendered for others. I think of times that other people have done service for me. It makes me grateful that we are on the earth together. We have the opportunity every day to start anew. We have the opportunity to love more, try to understand others more, to help others more, and if all else fails, just to share our smile with others. Some days it’s even just crying with others. I did a little of both today.
Tonight I feel gratitude. Gratitude for my husband, my children, my family, my friends, my acquaintances, my experiences, those that have shown me service just by being who they were and those that have directly given service to me. I am grateful for those that I am able to help and serve. Gratitude for my Heavenly Father and his love for me and my family. Also for his love that I know he has for each and every one of us on this earth, whether they know he loves them or not.
I am grateful to have known my friend and her sweet family.

http://ldslights.org/given-much/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gay Marriage

Adjusting My Frame of Reference

#6 On affection, Part 1