Gratitude


My heart is full this morning, as are my thoughts.  Almost too many to sort through, so I don’t try.  Good thoughts mostly, and I sit here in amazement.  It seems like another lifetime ago when I lived with a constant feeling of shame and fear.  I lived so long in the fear that people would see me for who I was, and would hate me.  Today at least I find it hard to comprehend that I ever believed that.

During the course of that past month or two my wife and I have begun to be much more open.  We have shared our story many times and in every instance the reaction has been amazing.  The comments have been encouraging and uplifting, confirming that we are accepted and that how they see me hasn’t changed.  And it hasn’t.  The actions and attitudes of those that I associate with regularly that now know my story have continued to show me the same thing:  acceptance and friendship.

To all of those whom we have told, thank you.  I don’t know if you know what it means to me and to my wife.  You have helped change my life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gay Marriage

Adjusting My Frame of Reference

#6 On affection, Part 1