My heart is full this morning, as are my thoughts.  Almost too many to sort through, so I don’t try.  Good thoughts mostly, and I sit here in amazement.  It seems like another lifetime ago when I lived with a constant feeling of shame and fear.  I lived so long in the fear that people would see me for who I was, and would hate me.  Today at least I find it hard to comprehend that I ever believed that.

During the course of that past month or two my wife and I have begun to be much more open.  We have shared our story many times and in every instance the reaction has been amazing.  The comments have been encouraging and uplifting, confirming that we are accepted and that how they see me hasn’t changed.  And it hasn’t.  The actions and attitudes of those that I associate with regularly that now know my story have continued to show me the same thing:  acceptance and friendship.

To all of those whom we have told, thank you.  I don’t know if you know what it means to me and to my wife.  You have helped change my life.
Posted by Lucas Jones On 4/29/2013 09:04:00 AM No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  • RSS
  • Facebook

Related Sites

  • There's a film on the horizon that I think has the potential to advance the conversation around SSA/LGBT Mormons by leaps and bounds. If you'd like to know...
  • Morning prayers - I'm grateful for The blessings of my life My children, grandchildren, & hubby And the Gospel of Jesus Christ "Please help me Lord - I'm mu...
  • Imagine being told everyday that someone of your hair color is likely going to be despised by society. From the time your haircolor is first noticeable, ...
  • The e-commerce may be outlined being a modern day firm methodology that addresses the expectations of companies, merchants, and shoppers to cut rates as ...
  • It has been quite a while since I last wrote on this blog. So much has happened, but first, why did I quit writing? I went into an emotional tailspin, an...
  • [image: Put your finger here…]These videos are so fun. Put your finger on the screen and wait for it...
  • While it is true I have affinity for glorious masculinity I don't think you can get rid of me without approaching divinity who will rebuke your bigotry and...

    Translate