2 Years

2 years ago tomorrow was the day that I read Josh and Lolly Weeds blog post and started the conversation between Luke and I which started with, "You have to go read this. You are Mormon and married and gay and it's ok". (I knew he was SSA for 13 years but it had meant pretty much nothing to me. I really didn't understand until then.)

As Lucas put it, "Is that all?". It has been an amazing and at times a very difficult journey. Not difficult so much between Lucas and I, usually, but just the feelings, and understanding and heartache for others and for Lucas. It was the difficulty of throwing out EVERYTHING we believed and thought and immediately putting back the absolutes that God lives and loves us and the pure and simple gospel of Jesus Christ and then rebuilding everything else from there. It was the difficulty or more scariness of coming out and of doing our Voices of Hope video and essays. The difficulty and the blessings God gave us with help with some issues I was having. It has been the most difficult 2 years of our life, and we had, had some doozies of some years before that!!! It has also been THE MOST AMAZING and WONDERFUL 2 years of our life!!!! We have made the most amazing friends. We have met amazing people. We have been shown more love and acceptance than I thought even possible by our ward, our friends, our family, North Star and many, many others. The Lord has blessed our little family more than I can even comprehend. We have grown personally in the most amazing ways!  We have helped spread the gospel. It has been an AMAZING 2 years! Thank you for being part of it!
Love, 

~Wrylon

Comments

  1. What a great example you are, Wrylon, and what a tribute to so many. Your gratitude and love is touching. I've followed your journey through your posts and am so glad you've both made it to this point through so much. Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Gay Marriage

Adjusting My Frame of Reference

#6 On affection, Part 1